Tuesday, April 29, 2014

HUM 3

Gerald Chacon
HUM 112, Section D030
April 20, 2014
WHY HUM
In order to finish my associates degree my Guidance counselor was listing the number of Humanities classes that I had left to take.  Out of the different types of Humanities classes that she had read I choose this one HUM 112, D030.  When I asked her what the class was about she had described it to me that it mainly consisted of art.  To me this seemed to be a class that I would enjoy.  One reason why I believed I would enjoy the class is because I have always had an interest in learning about art and the history that goes a long with it.  Since I have watched a lot the history channel as I have grown up I thought that I would be able to grasp the material much easier because I already had a basic understanding of it.  Within the first day of class it was funny to me that the majority of the material I had already heard of it either thru television or books.  Although this material is not all that new to me I am still very anxious to learn more about ancient Roman art and the subject I would like to learn the most about would be of the city of Pompeii.  While I was a little kid I had done two small projects about Pompeii.  One of those projects included me having to make a small clay model of the volcano.

No comments:

Post a Comment