Tuesday, April 29, 2014

HUM 2

Gerald Chacon
HUM 112, Section D030
April 20, 2013
A True Giant
I am surrounded by people in my life that play such important roles in my life.  My mother and father are the ones that brought me into this world and raised me to be kind and respectful towards others.  My grandparents have showered me with their love and knowledge about the world.  Although my parents and grandparents have been everything to me the person that I could consider a giant in my life would be my brother.  One reason why my brother has been the perfect definition of a good older brother is because he has always been there when I've needed him the most.  From calling 911 when I was ran over as a child, and also from keeping all his promises to me when I needed him to help me with my car.  Throughout my life I have always looked up to him and have wanted to be just like him from picking similar clothes, having the same hair style and also having a passion for working on cars. When I was able to buy my dream car he was the first one to help me finish it up as my project car. While he was going to mechanic school  he was slowly helping me finish my dream car. The more he would learn about cars the more it would make me strive to go to the same mechanic school.  Soon after I graduated high school I had already registered for the same mechanic school.  It made me feel happy that my brother always gave me encouragement to stay strong and finish my school. But as I came close to the end of my studies I began to feel scared.  Realizing that being a mechanic really wasn't for me as a career more as a hobby.  What gave me fear was the fact that I would have to tell my brother that I was no longer to be a mechanic.  After letting him know that I was no longer going to be a mechanic it truly made me feel that my brother is a giant to me. He did not feel disappointed or angry with me.  Instead he gave me the best advice that I could ever hear.  Which was that I should never be someone whom I'm not but to be what I really want to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment