Wednesday, October 2, 2013

I say 9-30-13

  One of my favorite rap artists today is Lupe Fiasco, because I believe in his music he really does try to give out very important messages to whoever listens to his music. In Lupe's recent song called "Words I Never Said" he raps about the war on terror, and also about the United states government. In the song he talks about how the war on terror is just nonsense. He mentions how a lot of things get covered up for an example when he says that "Gaza Strip was being bombed Obama didn't say Shit". He brings this up as an example because he thinks we try to fight a war on terror but then again we go out and make terror by contributing to it. By doing the same thing to other parts of the world but the government doesn't try to make it the biggest deal, and that they try to not mention as much. In the music video he shows people walking around with their mouths covered showing how they aren't able to speak their own mind. This makes you feel that the people of the United States are basically prisoners of are own country.
  Although I am a big fan of Lupe Fiasco I have to say that I agree and also disagree with the message he trys to send out through the music video. The music video to me I believe was a very powerful message that was very effective. By covering up people's mouths it gave me a message that people aren't really able to say what they want to say, and that are limited to their own opinions. I also like how in the video while Lupe begins to sing a storm of police comes in to pull him away. He puts this in the video to show that the government does not want you saying to much. The thing that I dont agree with Lupe is that when he says Obama didnt say anything about Gaza Strip being bombed. I personally believe that did mention alot about the Gaza strip and what was going on. Its not like the president was trying to keep as a giant secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment